Dr. Elizabeth J Smyth founder of Clear Direction Psychological Services PLLC is now offering a variety of telepsychology services in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) national emergency. Individuals and couples do not have to wait to receive the care they deserve. Call or book an appointment online through the patient portal today!
Telepsychology services are used when mental health professionals and patients are unable to be physically present with each other. Telepsychology will allow Dr. Smyth to evaluate and treat your mental health needs. Telepsychology services uses a video camera and computer to send both voice and visual access so we can not only talk to each other, but we can see one another.
Telepsychology can reach individuals who are practicing social-distancing during this time or have been quarantined/isolated due to testing positive with COVID-19. These services will be offered until it is safe to return to in-person sessions. Once the restriction are lifted, you and Dr. Smyth can determine whether you needs would be best met by returning to in-person sessions or continuing with teletherapy appointments.
In order to participate in Clear Direction Psychological Telepsychology Services, you must be 18 years old or above and reside in New York.
Population(s) being Treated with Telepsychology:
- Adults (18+)
- Resident of New York (NY)
- Adult individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19
- Adult family members who have a loved one who has tested positive for COVID-19, or have lost a loved one to COVID-19
- Adults struggling to cope with the systemic hardships caused by COVID-19
- Adult healthcare providers & first responders- this group includes any and all healthcare providers & first responders who continue tirelessly to provide exceptional health care and support to our community during this COVID-19 crisis. Some examples of healthcare providers include: Emergency Medical Services/Ambulance Personnel (Paramedics, EMT's, and First Responders), Police Officers, Firefighters, Healthcare Professionals (Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Respiratory Therapists, Medical Assistants,Surgical Assistance/Surgical Technologists, etc.), & Military Personnel.
- Adult couples
- College Students
Types of Telepsychology Services:
- Individual Telepsychology Therapy-
Individual tele-therapy sessions will be offered at Clear Direction Psychological Services via a secure HIPAA compliant video-conferencing platform. Specific populations and areas treated by Dr. Elizabeth J. Smyth can be found on the service pages. In addition, Dr. Smyth is providing individual tele-therapy to adults who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Issues related to COVID-19 may include, but are not limited to, personal, social, societal, economical, and occupational concerns.
- Couple Telepsychology Therapy-
Couple, marital, and premarital tele-therapy sessions will be offered at Clear Direction Psychological Services via a secure HIPAA compliant video-conferencing platform. Specific populations and areas treated by Dr. Smyth can be found on the service pages. In addition, Dr. Smyth is providing couples' tele-therapy to adult couples who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Issues related to COVID-19 may include, but are not limited to:
- learning to live in isolation with your spouse or partner
- postponement of engagement party, bridal shower, wedding, honeymoon, etc.
- coping with loss of family income
- coping with parenting in isolation
Telepsychology Fees: Please note credit cards are the only acceptable payment methods when receiving teletherapy services.
1. Individual Telepsychology Therapy:
A. Individual Intake Teletherapy Session: 1 hour; $175.00 for the intake session only
B. Individual Teletherapy Sessions: 50 minutes; $165.00 per session
2. Couple's Telepsychology Therapy:
A. Couple Intake Teletherapy Session: 1-1.5 hour(s); $250.00 for the intake session only
B. Couple Teletherapy Sessions: 60-minutes; $200.00 per session
I do not directly accept insurance as I value the sanctity of the confidential relationship that I share with my patients. This will be breached if I adhere to insurance companies' mandates, which require me to regularly report patients' most private information and diagnoses.
However, I am happy to provide you with a "superbill" to submit for out-of-network insurance reimbursement, if this is an option for you. You will be required to submit all necessary paperwork to your insurance company for reimbursement. With the regularly changing laws regarding coverage of mental health services, you may have more insurance coverage for out-of-network benefits than you realize, but please check with your plan. I do not accept responsibility for collecting payment from your insurance company and cannot guarantee that you will be reimbursed. All payments are required the same day services are provided.
I also provide a link to Reimbursify on my website. Reimbursify is for patients who would like to submit an out-of-network claim to their insurance company with the “superbill” I provide them. This app allows you to file your claim with ease and in minutes. There is a small fee associated with this app. Please click the link for more information. The link can be found on the bottom of the Homepage.
If you have any questions about the individual and/or couple telepsychology services offered at Clear Direction Psychological Services, please do not hesitate to call Dr. Smyth at 631-528-5880.
You may also schedule a free 10 minute phone consultation through Dr. Smyth's online booking by clicking the link: Request Appointment